Tim’s 2023 Season

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
We had 28 Corvettes at the American racing day at Oulton last year. I can see more going 19th August although it does clash with a big show - Passion for Power so a tricky one..

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah , Pinto overhead camshaft .
I think that will have a 2 litre Duratec, looks like an MCR S2?
Sports 2000 was originally Pinto engined (We used to campaign a Royale RP42 years ago). These original cars are now classed as historic. The Duratec cars were introduced a number of years ago and have kept the series alive and still very popular.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thought it’d have something more modern looking at the body.
My mistake Tim , the Sport 2000 class started out with the Pinto but changed to Ford Duratec in later years . With 9 classic race cars in various stages of preperation at the workshop ( 4 of which are single seaters ) I tend to forget which one is running what spec engine . :unsure: :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
yes I've been pressing Simeon at Bernie's racing for decal options and prices but nothing back as yet..
Please keep pressing otherwise the year will be nearly over before they are available . :( If there is a problem with sourcing them let me know and I will have a word with my mate at PJM Race Preperations and find out who makes his decals if that helps .

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
He designed it and prints them himself. When I floated the idea to him they could be sellable that could raise race funds he seemed up for it but crickets..

I'll contact him again now

I did manage to blag three :p

20230221_145312_resized.jpg

Alexm

CCCUK Member
I’d like a couple of them for Le Mans and Brands this year, if someone can give me some contact details ?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I think it would be great to offer this up to all members to display on their cars if they wish at forthcoming events this year as well as the Nationals and Silverstone Festival . I flagged the idea up weeks ago and thought the committee were looking into it .

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I think it would be great to offer this up to all members to display on their cars if they wish at forthcoming events this year as well as the Nationals and Silverstone Festival . I flagged the idea up weeks ago and thought the committee were looking into it .

Yes I've contacted them several times over the last few weeks and today they've promised that we'll have sizes and prices by this Friday. The original as per my C2 and Tim's C3 are 400mm wide which become difficult to send in the post so smaller sizes (A4) for instance will be offered.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not going to be at Loton on Sunday now. Manage to break my arm this morning. Absolute muppet!

D18FA79D-041E-4D65-8BA2-6FF47F444931.jpeg

Waiting to be admitted so they can plate it tomorrow. Not the best start to the season.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sorry to hear that Tim , what a bummer . Needing a plate sounds serious so wish you a speedy recovery but I guess Silverstone in April is a no no now ?