Wanted: Very Cheap and Immaculate C3..........

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
On the other hand the chassis could be as rotten as a pear ! :unsure: Always worth a look though .
Indeed it could, after all it is 54 that’s 54 years old. Even the last of the C3’s are now 40 years old . Ask a GM exec in 1968 if the car would still be about in 2022, he would probably have laughed at you.
it’s always worth a look, mostly anything can be fixed, it’s all down to money. If a chassis is rotten, price up the costs to fix and bid accordingly. If no luck, walk away.
Restoration shops all over are repairing things.

antijam

CCCUK Member
There's a red '69 T-top on ebay as well. Looks very fair in the piccies but the phrase 'freshly undersealed for UK roads' in the write -up might give pause for thought? Bidding hasn't yet met the reserve.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
There's a red '69 T-top on ebay as well. Looks very fair in the piccies but the phrase 'freshly undersealed for UK roads' in the write -up might give pause for thought? Bidding hasn't yet met the reserve.
I think that car has been doing the rounds for possibly nearly a year. . I think it was originally imported by carrot town and marketed for sale by them.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Indeed it could, after all it is 54 that’s 54 years old. Even the last of the C3’s are now 40 years old . Ask a GM exec in 1968 if the car would still be about in 2022, he would probably have laughed at you.
it’s always worth a look, mostly anything can be fixed, it’s all down to money. If a chassis is rotten, price up the costs to fix and bid accordingly. If no luck, walk away.
Restoration shops all over are repairing things.
The thing is , Kevpix wants a `tinkerer` not a full on restoration job .

Kevpix

CCCUK Member
I spotted the undersealed C3 a week or so ago, it's based near Glasgow. I have to say I was a little suspicious of the undersealing and living on the south coast it's difficult to pop up and have a look.
The red soft top is nearer (only 4 hours!). The owner is "a member of the UK Corvette for the last 8 years". Is he on this forum?
I appreciate beggers can't be choosers and thanks for your help.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I spotted the undersealed C3 a week or so ago, it's based near Glasgow. I have to say I was a little suspicious of the undersealing and living on the south coast it's difficult to pop up and have a look.
The red soft top is nearer (only 4 hours!). The owner is "a member of the UK Corvette for the last 8 years". Is he on this forum?
I appreciate beggers can't be choosers and thanks for your help.
Not a case of “beggers can’t be choosers” at all. Your paying your money, and want value for money. But these cars are now OLD cars, and prices HAVE increased dramatically in the last few years, so prices are up.
Owners to can be a little unrealistic, the car they are trying to sell may not be in the same condition as a restored car but they price theirs very close to it because “ that’s what they are worth nowadays”

Roscobbc

My '68 is still here - and perhaps for sale for the right offer - although far from 'cheap' (although negotiable) what ever that might be - and certainly not immaculate (whatever that is - although presentable) - see under For Sale forum posted 22 September 2021 - (revised price shown 9th November)
I have someone who is potentially interested in buying my currently installed 489 cu in for his race car. That would commensurately reduce the asking price for my '68......and then sold as a 'roller' with the matching numbers stock L36 390hp 427 cu in engine, ready for minor re-fresh and re-install.

richie500

CCCUK Member
I have someone who is potentially interested in buying my currently installed 489 cu in for his race car. That would commensurately reduce the asking price for my '68......and then sold as a 'roller' with the matching numbers stock L36 390hp 427 cu in engine, ready for minor re-fresh and re-install.
Is it worth advertising your car as a roller now to see if there is anybody out there that would be interested. Its better to dip your foot in the water then to take a big plunge.
I still think your car is worth what your asking, however serious buyers are scarce at the moment.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Is it worth advertising your car as a roller now to see if there is anybody out there that would be interested. Its better to dip your foot in the water then to take a big plunge.
I still think your car is worth what your asking, however serious buyers are scarce at the moment.
Agreed. Better to see who’s out there looking for what. If you get what your after for the motor, you could always sort out the other motor and put it back in so that it’s running/drive able again. I personally would also get the hood painted as I think it would look more appealing to potential buyers as a single colour

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I personally don’t think the corvette suits a black hood. The shape/layout just doesn’t look right. To me it looks like a black square in the middle of the front of the car. Possible because of all the other colour at the front, headlight panel etc. a personal thing of course, but to my eyes it’s a no no, and I think the majority of buyers might feel/think the same, and be put off buying a perfectly good car.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Agreed. Better to see who’s out there looking for what. If you get what your after for the motor, you could always sort out the other motor and put it back in so that it’s running/drive able again. I personally would also get the hood painted as I think it would look more appealing to potential buyers as a single colour
Thanks for the comments/advice fella's - hood's a bit of a mute point really - if the engine sells first and it is marketed as a 'roller' the stock colour big block hood can go back on.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the comments/advice fella's - hood's a bit of a mute point really - if the engine sells first and it is marketed as a 'roller' the stock colour big block hood can go back on.
Didn’t realise you had another painted hood, thought you painted the white one black. Well that’s easy to sort out, then you can sell the black hood . 🤑🤑🤑 big bucks could be rolling in. 😂🤞

Roscobbc

Didn’t realise you had another painted hood, thought you painted the white one black. Well that’s easy to sort out, then you can sell the black hood . 🤑🤑🤑 big bucks could be rolling in. 😂🤞
The black one is a L88 'repro' style 'laid-up' piece - I bought it some years back from Tom - the dodgy flat rattle can black covering the metallic blue (similar shade to the image you posted earlier) - longer term I had intended refinishing white with a black centre section. But the BB/LT1 hood is a valuable piece itself.....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, original BB hoods are getting very valuable now. If you sell the ole girl, will you be getting another corvette of sorts?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Well, you’ve done your time in a “classic” nows the time for something a little more modern. A C6 will certainly be more comfortable than your C3, and could certainly be used as a daily or semi-daily if needed.

Roscobbc

Well, you’ve done your time in a “classic” nows the time for something a little more modern. A C6 will certainly be more comfortable than your C3, and could certainly be used as a daily or semi-daily if needed.
As much as I really enjoy the excess brute power of my Vette (with no electronic 'aids') it is hard , noisy, hot work..........and, yes perhaps time for something more civilised........