What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When was it imported into the UK James , could have come over with the military to one of the many bases about in the 70’s and 80’s. Ex military vehicles were always a good supply of cars for our market back then.

johng

CCCUK Member
As it happens, my car's first 2 owners seem to have been US servicemen. I got a pile of paperwork with the car that allowed me to create this timeline.

car timeline.jpg

antijam

CCCUK Member
Finding history of a run of the mill C3 before it was imported is often quite difficult. My '71 was imported in 2018 and after some scouring of the internet I did find a few pictures of the car in the States...

car_SM590f64a979094.jpg
car_194671S114930SM590f65451b104.jpg
Personally I'm not a fan of side pipes, so the car doesn't wear them over here....

Stingray-copy1.jpg

Better or worse...? :unsure:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Congrats James on the Vette. Looks really nice car as well with those alloys.

As for what I've been doing with my Vette, as per thread title..... well, I needed some plumbing things, paint and postcrete from Wickes. So what sensible, practical car do I own that I can use to go to Wickes to pick up all this stuff? The 68 Corvette of course :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Mid year ( 1965 and up ) and 1969 only

always thought it was strange that it was offered for one year only as a factory option.

chevrolet dealers would often retro fit them to new cars prior to customer pick up.

E82871E5-1151-4EE1-8942-B07D280CB897.jpeg724695AA-6335-45E3-A047-D0B211934DBF.jpeg

antijam

CCCUK Member
Definitely without the sidepipes for me......love the colour by the way
Colour is 'Brands Hatch Green' - one year only, 1971. How did GM decide that that particular shade of green was associated with a British race circuit? Perhaps they thought 'British Racing Green' was too redolent of the days of Colonial oppression.... ;)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
My only complaint is the driver door handle hitting my left leg. I would put my leg down left of the brake but the hidden headlamp switch is there. I haven't tested but does it do anything when the headlamps are down?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The wife and I normally spend a while stuffing a lot of "show" related items into the Corvette ready for a show. Next year we're hoping to have our usual stuff, which includes lunch and fold away chairs, teddies and other show stuff, but this time we want to also pack in a fold up table and a working steam engine complete with all its bits and bobs. Granted its not a big steam engine, but still.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

The wide and I normally spend a while stuffing a lot of "show" related items into the Corvette ready for a show. Next year we're hoping to have our usual stuff, which includes lunch and fold away chairs, teddies and other show stuff, but this time we want to also pack in a fold up table and a working steam engine complete with all its bits and bobs. Granted its not a big steam engine, but still.
"The 'wide' and I" - is that British 'speak' (for the American 'broad' term?) :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The wide and I normally spend a while stuffing a lot of "show" related items into the Corvette ready for a show. Next year we're hoping to have our usual stuff, which includes lunch and fold away chairs, teddies and other show stuff, but this time we want to also pack in a fold up table and a working steam engine complete with all its bits and bobs. Granted its not a big steam engine, but still.
I trust it`s one of these then ? Not a GWR `King` then . :unsure: :ROFLMAO:Mamod SE1 Restored.jpg