What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My nextdoor neighbour loves the sound of mine , de catted and only Supertrapp tail mufflers too ! He comes out just to listen . :D The guy two house up lived in the States in his younger days and loves Yank cars so he`s happy too . Get no complaints from anyone even though most of the village can hear me drive through ! (y)

richie500

CCCUK Member
No , and thankfully not ` Tenth Avenue Breakdown ` either ! It plays havoc with her indoors hearing though . :ROFLMAO:
Wow very left field, had to youtube ` Tenth Avenue Breakdown `, still on topic - off to a little American Car meet tomorrow so will be giving the baby a little wipe off this afternoon so i too will be upsetting my neighbours. One day i am going to send them all one of these for xmas.
It might help them to get their head out of their A
Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 12.56.42.png

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Wow very left field, had to youtube ` Tenth Avenue Breakdown `, still on topic - off to a little American Car meet tomorrow so will be giving the baby a little wipe off this afternoon so i too will be upsetting my neighbours. One day i am going to send them all one of these for xmas.
It might help them to get their head out of their A
View attachment 14389
Way to go ! Just love that . :LOL: Enjoy the meet . I am off for serious rockin` tomorrow night with Del Bromham and Stray . Del Boy has been at it since 1966 and always a good gig ! đŸ¤Ÿ

richie500

CCCUK Member
View attachment 14402
Pretty chuffed with my new ratt sticker. I have cleaned out those grates below the window to the best of my ability but is it ok to hose it out? There's still dirt in there but if it gets wet will it clog? Not even sure what those grates do. Thanks!
Hi James do you not own a screwdriver set?
The grates are there because most American corvette C3 owners are rather large and had flatulence problems so it was a way for venting the cabin, I think i need some vents :poop:

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Right so those vents on the back go to the cabin but where does the water exit? Thanks. My A/C and heater doesn't work so will need doing.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Water exits via a rubber tube from the outside of the ventilation box to the inner wheel arch. The vent box has a flap that is controlled by a vacuum actuator to allow air out of the cabin.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Anyway it drove perfectly today surprising as it was really cold and windy but I did let it warm up for 7-10 mins and do rev it a little if stuck at lights or waiting long time at roundabout. Even took the tops off when the sun came out I just had too.

Rich

Administrator
Anyway it drove perfectly today surprising as it was really cold and windy but I did let it warm up for 7-10 mins and do rev it a little if stuck at lights or waiting long time at roundabout. Even took the tops off when the sun came out I just had too.
You should have brought it to the South Coast meeting today. We had quite a few turn up. Perhaps next time?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
When first driving the C3 I found that aligning the 'kink point' between the wing and bonnet, arrowed blue in this pic....

View attachment 14202

.....with the kerb or side of the road positioned the car nicely. This will of course depend a bit on your stature and driving position but give it a try on a quiet road then stop and open the door to see how close or far from the side you are. Once you identify a point on the car to align as reference, it quickly becomes second nature.
I've been using your method and it fits perfectly past cars on narrow roads (and when an idiot overtakes a cyclist even though cars are clearly coming the other side). Thank you!

Roscobbc

James - I'm intrigued at to the engine spec's etc. Are you able to find out from previous owner the cam spec's, carb cfm etc., inlet manifold and what rear axle ratio it has - was a high stall converter used?