What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Ahhh.... I see the Corvette spelling / typo Police are out in force. Good good. I have corrected my typo now. :)

And Chuffers, its one of these (blurry pic as it was speeding by at the time, and can't find any others on me at the mo - Wilesco D405):
1637163404749.png

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I was sitting in it earlier listening to aerosmith sweet emotion, foghat slow ride, war lowrider etc and reading an old cccuk mag from 2014. Really interesting articles.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes, give it a good buff and polish.

Yes,
just do not become a "Waxer" James. That is bad ! :)

I have used the same polish since 1980s on all my Corvettes

Should be able to find it on Amazon for UK
but USA
Liquid Glass
Notice further down that page that also make a pre cleaner if needing to take off the flat paint look
Was first designed for use on airplanes to keep the surface slick and for fiberglass like boats and Corvettes

Wash C3, then not being in sun put 1 coat on, let sit for like 15 minutes (can do the whole car at once)
Then buff off.
Then let sit in sun for like 3 hours and polish will bake on and smooth out any swirl marks
Could then out a second coat on and when done be a mirror finish and paint color will look brighter
Repels dirt, bugs, oil, etc
Can be used inside and outside of windows

My 1999 gets just one coat on a year and in 22 years with all the racing and road crap the paint still looks new

RebelS15.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes,
just do not become a "Waxer" James. That is bad ! :)

I have used the same polish since 1980s on all my Corvettes

Should be able to find it on Amazon for UK
but USA
Liquid Glass
Notice further down that page that also make a pre cleaner if needing to take off the flat paint look
Was first designed for use on airplanes to keep the surface slick and for fiberglass like boats and Corvettes

Wash C3, then not being in sun put 1 coat on, let sit for like 15 minutes (can do the whole car at once)
Then buff off.
Then let sit in sun for like 3 hours and polish will bake on and smooth out any swirl marks
Could then out a second coat on and when done be a mirror finish and paint color will look brighter
Repels dirt, bugs, oil, etc
Can be used inside and outside of windows

My 1999 gets just one coat on a year and in 22 years with all the racing and road crap the paint still looks new

View attachment 14374
Shinin` like a dime (y) Never heard of that product . I have always been a Maguires man myself for years , another good `ole American product . Might try Liquid Glass if I can get some .

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Thanks I'll definitely check that out. Halfords sell liquid glass? Probably on Amazon anyway. @Corvette yes I think it used to be manual or maybe it was 3 speed auto but yeah 4 speed is really good.

Roscobbc

James, I’ve just read the spec on your engine, it’s been breathed on and running a 4 speed auto. Nice.
Your post about James's Vette intrigued me Frank - so looked back at it, and yes there's some 'trick' bits and pieces going on there - I'm guessing the most significant one is the Dart heads - It'll be interesting to know more about the other mod's in more detail. James, your 'humble' 270 hp 350 cu in could well be producing a few more ponies than you realise ;)

Roscobbc

Where I live no one makes any comment or complaint about noisy engines - from the neighbouts Ferrari Pizza/Pissa, the Maserati Quatroporte with switchable exhaust 1/4 mile up the road that sounds like its next door.........the only person who complains is the next door neighbours 40 something non-car driving son who for some reason only seems to be concerned about my car.........perhaps its his having to catch all the ornaments vibrating off the mantlepiece and display shelves that worries him.....?