What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Roscobbc

You couldn’t make a cop series without all the screeching, it somehow made the car chase etc.
Back 'in the day' when we used to roll around in whatever was the cheapest thing available the Hillman Minx was a popular choice for several of us. One buddy would only ever use bald tyres on the rear end and practice long, drawn out single wheelspins away from traffic lights. His best efforts was always turning out of a T junction where he could often achieve a hundred yard one sided wheelspin!

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Did a 110 mile round trip to the flatlands of Cambridgshire to meet up with a bunch of us BBNC members on a merry jape to Herbies American Diner beside the A14 . Now totally stuffed on burgers , fries , waffles and maple syrup ! 😋 :LOL: Great cruise back home in glorious sunshine via Grafham Water .
You couldn’t make a cop series without all the screeching, it somehow made the car chase etc.
Don`t forget the hub caps flying off too . :LOL:

The curve of the right hand turn would always make for a good Spin/screech.
Back in the days of our misspent yoof , one of mates sometimes borrowed his dads Austin A60 Pick Up . It was hardly embued with a lot of horse power but with an empty flat bed it was great for doing tail slides in the local Dance Hall car park trying to impress the girlies !!!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
My poor '71 has been hors de combat since before last Christmas while I gave serious attention to her rear end. Now with her mobility fully restored and with the first proper day of Spring sunshine this year, I told the old girl 'get your glad rags on and we'll go for a blast of fresh air'.....

View attachment 16413

Well, it's been worth the wait; she now belies her years and tackled our local Cotswold hills as if it was 1972 instead of 2022. With hopefully a proper summer ahead, we're looking forward to many more of the same!
Is that green on green or interior black? Whatever she is looking gorgeous 😍👍

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
For anyone else looking for tyres, I have just stumbled across these 225/70R15 General Grabber HTS on Amazon. White outline lettering but the design looks fairly modern and they are very cheap! They also appear to be available for quick dispatch.

General Grabber HTS FR M+S - 225/70R15 100T - Summer Tire https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ONXVFY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KH7SS457DKDYMTSGN42V

View attachment 16520
Their “T” speed rating is better than BFGs, by one notch
Its curious they’ve described them as M+S, Summer tyre! An M+S tyre might be quite suitable for UK weather conditions for much of the year anyway.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I did my latest run of my usual regular event of "Vette to the Vets". Added bonus game - spot me in the photo. Do you also like that my Vette and my Vet are colour co-ordinated? :ROFLMAO:
20220426_133430 - noplates.jpg

Letank

CCCUK Member
Their “T” speed rating is better than BFGs, by one notch
Its curious they’ve described them as M+S, Summer tyre! An M+S tyre might be quite suitable for UK weather conditions for much of the year anyway.
I have just noticed that my Cooper Cobras are actually M+S tyres too! 😂
5F1D966F-E51F-497F-8A84-29693DAED73B.jpeg