What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

theseoldcars

CCCUK Member
My C4's MOT test crept up on me this year, and I'd not even really had a chance to properly look at the car since getting it out of storage recently.

Anyway, I booked it in at the start of the week, checked the basics on the morning of the test, and sent it on its way – and it passed, with no advisories. What a trooper!

I was expecting an issue of some kind, given its age and that it'd done a track day and one standing mile event since its last test, but no. Can't complain about that.

I just have to decide what I'm going to do with it now, in terms of aims and upgrades. I suspect a conversion to coilovers might be my first step, to account for future ride height and weight-related tweaks. And then, yes, much more power...

Anyway, something to dwell on over the weekend. 😊

DSCF0207 (Large).JPG

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
It`s called S & M actually , not M +S . I should know , I`ve still got the whip marks ! :ROFLMAO:

If people thought they had issues about tire replacement
Look at what C8 Z06 owners will need a loan just to buy them !

Front: 275/30ZR20 ($463.41 each) ($926)
Rear: 345/25ZR21 ($689.09 each) ($1,378)

Total ($2,304)

And these are summer only tires !

Z06frontire.jpgZo6reartire.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If people thought they had issues about tire replacement
Look at what C8 Z06 owners will need a loan just to buy them !

Front: 275/30ZR20 ($463.41 each) ($926)
Rear: 345/25ZR21 ($689.09 each) ($1,378)

Total ($2,304)

And these are summer only tires !

View attachment 16591View attachment 16592
If they can afford the car, they can afford the tires. They may not keep it that long and move it on before they need replacements, then it becomes the next guys problem.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My C4's MOT test crept up on me this year, and I'd not even really had a chance to properly look at the car since getting it out of storage recently.

Anyway, I booked it in at the start of the week, checked the basics on the morning of the test, and sent it on its way – and it passed, with no advisories. What a trooper!

I was expecting an issue of some kind, given its age and that it'd done a track day and one standing mile event since its last test, but no. Can't complain about that.

I just have to decide what I'm going to do with it now, in terms of aims and upgrades. I suspect a conversion to coilovers might be my first step, to account for future ride height and weight-related tweaks. And then, yes, much more power...

Anyway, something to dwell on over the weekend. 😊

View attachment 16590
Very period wheels. BBS or ARE ? Whatever they are they look nice. I’m a stickler for standard factory wheels but those are very period.

theseoldcars

CCCUK Member
Very period wheels. BBS or ARE ? Whatever they are they look nice. I’m a stickler for standard factory wheels but those are very period.

Thanks! That's right – BBS RS 178s, designed specifically for this iteration of Corvette. Factory size, so 17x9.5J, but each corner is now 4.5kg lighter than it was before.

Some of that may be down to differences in the tyre, though, as it's now on Continentals instead of Falkens.

Much like yourself, I tend to err on the OEM side. I'd seen these on some Callaways and other uprated C4s of the era, however, and used in motorsport applications, so figured these were almost OEM+, heh.

It was that combo of appropriate appearance and weight savings that really sold them to me, plus the options to add Turbofans later if desired or needed.

Some way down the line, that, mind... :LOL:

DSCF0424 (Large).JPG

That reminds me: I must fix or replace that distorted fender panel. It's been bugging me since I got the car. πŸ˜…

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Lots of C4’s ( especially 80’s ) versions lost their factory wheels for BBS and the like. It was probably the most common custom figment done. Wheels probably are. It died off a bit on C4’s in the 90’s as I think the factory wheels appearance improved somewhat.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Lots of C4’s ( especially 80’s ) versions lost their factory wheels for BBS and the like. It was probably the most common custom figment done. Wheels probably are. It died off a bit on C4’s in the 90’s as I think the factory wheels appearance improved somewhat.

This was either my '87 or '89
Used gold and anodized the wheels
So a different change to stock rims, but slightly

That back louvered shade was needed, we at GM were doing a project for NASA in Boca Raton, Fl just north of Fort Lauderdale
Where the sun and heat was a fricking killer !

My89gold.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Boca Raton FL = serious old money. Lovely area.
Always liked rear slats.
It’s got the Miami Vice look.
I love it.

What was weird was during the day working with guys like from NASA, IBM, etc, they acted real church going goody goodies
Then after 11 PM they would sneak out and drinking party like no tomorrow, and you did not know who's wives they were banging

Anyhow, GM made me wear suits every day when others did not and try getting in a black C4 with black cabin in that heat :(