What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Take it nice and easy, as your not used to LHD . Also pick it up and drive it back in daylight. I sold a corvette recently to a chap his first LHD, picked it up at 8.00pm pitch black to drive it home.
Yeah , especially as the headlights will be as dim as TOC -H lamp unless they have been upgraded . :unsure:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Personally never found driving LHD very difficult. Started driving my Shelby at 17, granted there was not the traffic back then ( 1977) as there is now. I was also very used to sitting on the right side as a passenger, so driving a car sitting on the left didn’t seem strange. Most of my friends would never dream of driving a LHD car.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Personally never found driving LHD very difficult. Started driving my Shelby at 17, granted there was not the traffic back then ( 1977) as there is now. I was also very used to sitting on the right side as a passenger, so driving a car sitting on the left didn’t seem strange. Most of my friends would never dream of driving a LHD car.
Me neither when I got the Vette . It was the first left hooker I have owned but having driven right hand drive cars a lot in mainland Europe it is only a mirror image of the same issues on the road .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That may be, but take your time to get used to it. Back in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s I used to see plenty of American cars with passenger side damage on our trips to mildenhall and Lakenheath to visit friends on the US bases. US service personal not used to driving on the left in a LHD car. A couple of local scrap yards were full of US vehicles that had come to an untimely end that way. I’ve had a couple of very near misses myself. A client bought her brand new Shelby GT 500 convertible over from New York while she was on secondment I told her to be careful, she dismissed my concern, saw it a couple of days later, wrecked. Didn’t even last a week.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Cars like ours attract more than their fair share idiots because they just want try and prove something . All they prove is that they have small brains and even smaller manhoods !

No different than here in USA and why I do not drive my 99 C5 on streets often as everyone like at stops lights wants to race and pass me,
even old ladies :(

RebelS10.jpg

James Vette

CCCUK Member
@teamzr1 nice paintjob and wow a proper spoiler.

The worst drivers are the ones that sit right behind you even though you're at the speed limit and once they overtake they go straight back to your speed... 🤪

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
No different than here in USA and why I do not drive my 99 C5 on streets often as everyone like at stops lights wants to race and pass me,
even old ladies :(

View attachment 14178
Apart from Audi / BMW man on our side of the pond , the worst ones are often the guy in the family sedan ( as you call them ) trying to outrun you because he has been neutered by family life and nagging wife and you are driving something more interesting that he is ! :mad: