C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yep, I’m going to paint it. But would like to get it done before it gets cold so I don’t have to start heating things to keep the dew point acceptable, although not sure how much of an issue that is with fibreglass as opposed to metal.

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
I understand what you mean. Just fitted these to my 71, all the precision of modern digital gauges but retaining the classic look.

I might be missing something, but the analogue part reads 135mph and the digital part is fixed by the top gear edit at 55 !!!

:rolleyes:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
After a fair bit of research it seemed the best option. It’s what the factory used, will fill and sand and can be separated easier than epoxy by using heat.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Bonding strips fixed to the bonnet surround, couldn’t really find any instructions on what order to things so am kind of making it up as I go along.
27FA74AB-21AD-466C-8851-8CFFA1E08D6E.jpeg

One wing trimmed, tidied and vents cut out.
C1F8FBD1-4CC3-45D4-BD86-A196730375B2.jpeg

Gets dark easy now, so other one will have to wait till after work tomorrow

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Is that the original Hood surround or a new one - if it is a new one (which it looks) is the Headlight Support Bar Riveted or not? This is a question a lot of owners ask, It must be bonded in, but the question of Rivets?