C3 Race Car Build

antijam

CCCUK Member
They’re an insulating boot to protect them from the exhaust heat.

If you've got headers fitted (as I imagine Oneball will have) you find the leads run very close to the exhaust and insulators are essential to protect them. (I have black ones on my 350 - a little less ostentatious than the silvery ones....;) )

Your car has come on leaps and bounds since I saw it a couple of months ago, Tim. Are you predicting a completion date yet?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Hi Nick, yep, we like shiny :cool::p

It’s come on well recently need front end and paint then fiddly stuff. Not too sure about completion date I was going for July :ROFLMAO: It was originally booked for the rollcage in April so on that time frame maybe December.

Dazaa

Well-known user
I’d weld L mounts on the cage either side and screw the dash pad to them like the factory bracket on the firewall.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I’d weld L mounts on the cage either side and screw the dash pad to them like the factory bracket on the firewall.

I would too but they’re just in completely the wrong place both for the original dash pad and a flat alloy dash. That’s the dilemma.

Dazaa

Well-known user
Interesting to see how you deal with the gauges...a Holley digital dash would be ideal but probably not the look you're going for

Oneball

CCCUK Member
It’s going to be period correct with gauges in a sheet aluminium panel. Don’t really like digital dashes unless they’re original; Audi Quattro, C4, Astra GTE anyone remember those?

Dazaa

Well-known user
I understand what you mean. Just fitted these to my 71, all the precision of modern digital gauges but retaining the classic look. 79DCB552-BDB5-4A20-B246-B628165647D6.jpegA1E5455E-7BF8-49B3-8B11-A40E42DDB83F.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
Looking very nice. Is it just me or have you slowed down your pace to something more like us mere mortals?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Looking very nice. Is it just me or have you slowed down your pace to something more like us mere mortals?

Boxing in around where the cage goes through the body and attaches to the chassis was a complete ‘mare. Reckon that took two weeks.

But yes slowed a little, am waiting on a panel to fit the front end. Then paint hopefully before winter arrives. I’ve got door locks to sort and I guess I can rebuild the calipers and paint up the wiper mechanism but that’s about it until paint.