Corvette Nationals 2021

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’m at Southampton quite a lot , and the Rolls, Bentley, and range rovers are always going to Baltimore.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
He was certainly a car guy, and once in charge of Chevrolet, transformed the Corvette. He believed in the future of the Corvette and was a Corvette guy through and through.
As a salesman, he was one of the greatest. A proper snake oil man. Could sell sand to A rabs, and snow to Eskimo’s

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
He was certainly a car guy, and once in charge of Chevrolet, transformed the Corvette. He believed in the future of the Corvette and was a Corvette guy through and through.
As a salesman, he was one of the greatest. A proper snake oil man. Could sell sand to A rabs, and snow to Eskimo’s
Yeah , and stitch the UK tax payer big time !!!!

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Never liked black/gold two tone on a corvette. Black with gold pin stripes yes, but solid two tone no. Good thing we all like different things otherwise it would be very dull indeed.
I like it but the gold was fading quite badly when I saw that one.

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Did anyone take pics of all the Corvettes to the left of the gate as you come in and around the back of the Hotel?..
I had put the white flag up by the time i went round there, finding the energy to walk in that heat was all i could manage.
As it happens there were 2 people with Forrest who have both spent time in Gibraltar recently! I have just come back from a weeks holiday there, but most likely you were talking to Chris Bonvini who spends a lot of his time in Gibraltar and was at the Nationals on Sunday. In fact he was at my car with Andy at one point and helped me adjust my tickover.
And this is Chris's C6
PXL_20210717_175804527.jpg

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
My first Nationals in 12 years but one to certainly remember on so many levels! :cool:
There were so many people I had waited a long time to meet for the first time while it was also wonderful reconnecting with old friends.

I was also reunited with the Corvette I should never have sold and was delighted to meet the owner who clearly cherishes it just as I did.
There was also the Corvette that got away (thanks for nothing Covid!) and again, a real pleasure to meet its owner finally.

The extreme heat no doubt prevented other reunions and new introductions, but I'm not going to complain about the weather, we were blessed. 🙏

My apologies for this late post (work called) but I wanted to put on record a personal thank you to Julian along with all who helped put on a fabulous Nationals, especially in such difficult times! 👏 (y):cool:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Just a quick message to those coming for the drive out on Saturday. Shuttleworth Gardens have an event on, BUT, they are open to the public as normal. I was advised that tickets should be available on the gate however buying in advance is advisable.. but.... their website is still down and they are working with I.T. to sort it. I advise check during tomorrow, if you can get tickets in advance, great, if not I'm sure we will be absolutely fine to buy on the gate.
With regard to visiting Keech Hospice, I don't know the numbers joining the run out, but, due to Covid restrictions we are limited to 10 cars at the hospice, if we are fortunate enough to have more than that when we arrive at Shuttleworth I am sure we can have a chat about the ten cars that go to Keech.
Many thanks, Julian

I had agreed prior to last weekend to take up the role of Nats organiser so kept a close eye on Julian and by eck it's a lot of work :oops:

Huge THANK YOU JULIAN for putting in a 'by eck' amount of work to make last weekend so wonderful.
It was almost perfect!.. deep breath, here goes, ive been trying to figure out since the weekend how i can give feedback on one slight hiccup without looking like a right moaning git and i dont think its possible.. so im just going to say it and look like a right moaning git anyway.
I and my daughter were planning on coming on the run to Keech Hospice (my daughter has done a bit of volunteering at their shops but never been to the hospice). When i first heard that the run was stopping at Shuttleworth i assumed that they had granted free access to the cafe on the basis of this being a charity run (i used to be in a car club that has breakfast meets at the Shuttleworth Cafe and never pay the entrance fee).
On learning the day before the run that we would have to buy single use entry tickets on the gate at £15 per person for the privilege of eating at the cafe i had to break the news to my daughter that we would not be going on the run. £30 entry plus £30 for cafe food and drink is a non starter in my opinion. I would have liked to have made it four yellow Vettes at Keech but it wasnt to be.

Ive since heard rumours that Shuttleworth were asking £40 per person on the gate due to it being an event day and that you all diverted to Jordans Mill?.. if thats true it sounds as though Shuttleworth have really messed you about (am i allowed to say that on this forum? criticism of businesses on here seems to get vigorously censored).

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I do recall a fair few years ago now, in the early days of the 'Rods n Sods' Forum we did go to a traders stall at the Ipswich Nats and had T-shirts made with the Forum logo and our Forum 'handle' on.
Back in my days in the FTO owners club, a large amount of the club got together and approached a t-shirt seller that did custom logos etc and asked them if they'd be up for a discounted group buy. We all ended up with t-shirts roughly in the same colour as our cars, with the FTO club logo and our username underneath them. It was really helpful at shows and events to identify each other.

The downside was I couldn't wear them around where I lived. Why? Well, I ordered my club t-shirt, then shortly after it was summer time and I noticed the school next door to me had their summer school uniform (or maybe P.E. gear?) which was the exact same colour t-shirt as mine with the exact same colour used for the writing and logo on their t-shirts. They looked so similar in colour and logo positioned in the same place with text written underneath it. :oops::ROFLMAO: (I still have that club t-shirt, but long since moved away from that area - and haven't attended any FTO club events for about 8 years now).

If anyone on this club wants to do a group buy for custom Corvette club t-shirts etc, then I'd be up for it. :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As our club shirts available via Rigalia are manufactured by a workwear company and they embroider our logos , why not approach them for a quote to have our names or handle on them too . I know of other car clubs that can get their shirts customised . Two birds with one stone that way rather than two different shirts .

James Vette

CCCUK Member
As our club shirts available via Rigalia are manufactured by a workwear company and they embroider our logos , why not approach them for a quote to have our names or handle on them too . I know of other car clubs that can get their shirts customised . Two birds with one stone that way rather than two different shirts .
I already have a trans am shirt so I got a CCCUK hat and my american flag bandana is for driving a V8. :cool: