Corvettes at the British Motor Museum – Gaydon Warwickshire CV35 0BJ on Sunday 22nd August 2021

Corvettes at the British Motor Museum – Gaydon Warwickshire CV35 0BJ on Sunday 22nd August 2021
Posted by Daytona Vette
Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 08:00
Until: Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
We will be at the museum, but I am far too lazy to get up and drive to breakfast by 9am :rolleyes: . Looking forward to the visit, I think it's 25 years since we last went.
Jason

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Barry ,
Further to our phone chat earlier , I have spoken to Mike Lacey about hanging on to the club display stuff until after the Gaydon bash although I gather you have emailed him anyway .
Yes, I though of you first for the Flags, as I had seen a post re Silverstone, so made contact and whilst speaking with you I thought out of politeness I should have gone through Mike and so after the call I emailed Mike with an apology for my lack of thinking - I presume we are ok for the Flags??

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
We will be at the museum, but I am far too lazy to get up and drive to breakfast by 9am :rolleyes: . Looking forward to the visit, I think it's 25 years since we last went.
Jason
25 years ago - you maybe old enough to be an exhibit in the Museum
We look forward to seeing you Jason and the C7
Two for breakfast please. Midlands region. C7. My first event - looking forward to it
We look forward to seeing you both Jamie and the C7
Your first ever Event - There is the Initiation Ceremony - Not in the Rule Book - But Hey Ho it will be a pleasure

Joking apart come and have some fun

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes, I though of you first for the Flags, as I had seen a post re Silverstone, so made contact and whilst speaking with you I thought out of politeness I should have gone through Mike and so after the call I emailed Mike with an apology for my lack of thinking - I presume we are ok for the Flags??
No problem with the flags , if you need anything else such as bunting etc let me know .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Jason
You will see big changes , not least the huge reserve collection from the British Motor Industry Heritage and Jaguar Daimler collections in a big new building . So much to see . (y)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
You will see big changes , not least the huge reserve collection from the British Motor Industry Heritage and Jaguar Daimler collections in a big new building . So much to see . (y)
Too much to mention, the largest collection of historic British produced vehicles under one roof (or two roofs as it may be) over 300 vehicles, many one offs and prototypes not seen before, first or last production cars, a Formula one Jaguar race car, a winning Mini from a Monte Carlo Rally, an SAS Land Rover - loads of Nostalgia even a Vintage garage setup, complete with vehicle, spare parts and tools hung all over the walls of the setting, re-produced when the owner retired and offered all and sundry to the Museum for them to exhibit.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
As Lapworth is way to the west of Gaydon from me in South Northants can I skip breakfast meet up and go direct to Gaydon and meet all you guys there ?

Think i will go with that plan also, no breakfast for me (except i will be going via Banbury not Southam).
The last time i was at the Museum...
Gaydon 2016.jpg

Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Apologies if you have already covered this elsewhere , what time do you anticipate arriving at Gaydon from your breakfast cruise ?
Hi Mike, it is a 35 min Cruise so I am hoping for 10.00 am when the Museum opens to the Public, please park on the Hard Standing in front of the main door entrance to the Museum if you are there before us and then we will get the Vettes display parked for the day

I did a trial run last night in the daily driver to time it and see the lay of the land as the original route has been kiboshed by roadworks on the A46

PLEASE NOTE: Anyone coming to the Event via the A46 - ongoing Roadworks, with a Contraflow system in operation - some Slip Roads for Entry / Exit are temporarily closed - you may need to choose an alternative junction for Entry / Exit

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Mark ,
Are we displaying our cars on hard standing or the grassed area ? I will need to bring the steel cross braced feet for the flags and park a car on each one as they still require pegs driven in to hold them . If we are on grass I only need bring the ground spikes .