knock offs that wont knock off

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Wow, they must be superglued on. 😂
Mine just take a good wack and off it spins. Mind you, mine haven’t been of for about 5 years.
was toying with getting one of those, but as I rarely take mine off, haven’t pulled the trigger. It’s quite an expensive item.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You did not mention if this is an issue with just 1 wheel or all 4 ?

As I mentioned in another post, you might have to use a butane and heat the spinner up so that it expands
allowing it then to break loose of hub threads
Or worse case use a hacksaw or a Dremel,etc and split the spinner to expand get off and replace with another one

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
well the big hammer isnt working............:cry:
the issue is all four of them dont want to budge at all

Look at the positive, they won't fall off while driving..

Sorry couldn't resist. Are you sure there are no remnants of pins in the holes below the surfaces?

8 Pot

CCCUK Member
well not much chance of that really :) had another real good look but i cant see anything at all and most of the holes dont line up where a pin could even be. the only one that does line up i can clearly see there is no pin

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I'd be Leary about using heat as it could damage the spinner? Maybe keep reloading penetrating fluid over a week and try again

Nassau65

CCCUK Member

well the big hammer isnt working............:cry:

the issue is all four of them dont want to budge at all
Wow, I would have thought the wrench would have easily removed.
Provided there are no locking pins in , or bits of locking pins in, they MUST spin off. Might be stuck a little bit, but some heavy wacks should loosen them up.
Very puzzling

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Give them a good soak with WD40 etc Over a few days and then try. Wouldn’t heat them will discolour the spinner and may even ruin it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Have you ever had them off before? If not, I wonder if the previous owner had put some sort of thread lock on them

8 Pot

CCCUK Member
never had them off and car imported and had new gold lines put on them the day before it came over. i dotn know anymore than the Hulk must have put them on

8 Pot

CCCUK Member
well, i called my mate who is built like a brick shitehoue and arms like popye and said i am sure there are no pins.
this is what is left of the lead hammer and all four loose now. woop ! woop!
PXL_20220323_145653873.jpg

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Have you tried profanity ?

Something aint right here if they were off recently for the gold lines.

1. Cars on the ground not jack up?
2. Holes don't line up so no pins installed.
3. You're hitting with the new lead hammer according to the OFF direction.
4. I know you're concerned with missing the spinner and hitting the body but you have to hit these hard normally, very hard if they're stuck

Anyone nearby can put some fresh eyes on them that has experience?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My mechanic friend has arms like thighs, I never let him tighten anything up. I would never be able to undo it.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Maybe the spinners were put on with the square drive adaptor tool and an impact gun. That would make them bloody tight. An impact gun would have got them off easily too though.

8 Pot

CCCUK Member
yes i think one of those truck tyre stops was my next best guess. thanks for all the advice chaps. much appreciated. now back to where i came in getting the cross ply goldlines off the car and some radials on it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
yes i think one of those truck tyre stops was my next best guess. thanks for all the advice chaps. much appreciated. now back to where i came in getting the cross ply goldlines off the car and some radials on it.
Glad you sorted it out. When you have the wheels put back on, YOU tighten them up either with your new hammer or spinner tool. That way you will be able to loosen when needed