Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The old Capri did look nice when it was finished. Jet black with that crushed velvet interior. Rear slats, and wolfrace wheels. I wasn’t old enough to drive at the time, and a young chap not much older than me ( but old enough to drive) got his dad to buy it for him. I was well pleased at the time. The summer of 76, I had my FS1E-DX in bright yellow with RD racing stripes. ( I think the stripes made it go faster)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I’ve always liked the smell of evo stick. It’s a bloody good adhesive if used correctly.
It sure is . When I replaced the door seal rubbers on the C3 I tried the approved and recommended adhesives but they were pants . Bought a pot of Evostick and applied with a spatula and the jobs a good `un . Plus it clears your sinuses . (y)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When I replaced the weatherstripping on my 60, I also first used the correct recommended adhesive, think it was 3M. Didn’t seem to stick very well, so, went back to the old favourite Evo Stick. Worked great.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The lady in the 2nd picture I have met. She’s based in Naples Florida, they sell nice cars. She is always in the cars for sale pictures. A real stunner.

Roscobbc

When I replaced the weatherstripping on my 60, I also first used the correct recommended adhesive, think it was 3M. Didn’t seem to stick very well, so, went back to the old favourite Evo Stick. Worked great.
Can you still get the 'old' Evostick with the 'vapours' - I thought it was now that useless health and safety not petroleum based stuff now?

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Yes, it was either shag or crushed velvet. My first attempt at a interior was on a Capri. Red crushed velvet. I bought a ton of evo stick. no spray on in those days, I think I used a lolly stick and filler spreader. Me and my Nan made a great job of it.
My Javelin back in '75. What the photo's do not show is the faux Ocelot fur interior (well the door cards, dash top and rear window shelf) - bought on the roll from Romford market - seats were Camaro buckets - didn't think it quite appropriate to cover them.

Attachments

• Javelin3.jpg
    Javelin3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Not sure on the old style Evo, probably has been changed somewhat. I did love that smell tho. Last big tin I had of it was bought god knows when, managed to open it up and it had gone off.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember when Barry Sturgis’s girlfriend was doing the velvet interior of his 1970 Mach 1 cobra jet G Force.
She made a fantastic job of it.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I know you changed the title to nice looking vettes but youve just got to see this...
what the.jpg
What the?...but.. why?.. erm, i dont understand... wh.. erm.. im lost.. brain cant process signal from eyes..