Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Saw that picture of the purple C3 when I was looking through old shots on the net. It’s soo 1970’s which was all paintwork and if you could afford it blowers and bodywork. This did roll over into the early 80’s especially in the US. The work that went into some of these cars is amazing, and must have cost a fortune. Corvettes and mustangs always seemed to be the favourite car to do.

Nick B

CCCUK Member
I used to work at the R.E.M.E. workshops in Mill Hill and they used to give us a day out at the custom car show at Alexandra Palace every year (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Small world innit ? I spent a week with the REME at Bordon in about 1966 on a careers visit with my Secondary Modern School . We slept in the barracks and got bawled out of bed early every morning by a Corporal . Had to make our beds with perfect `hospital corner` creases , scrub the floors and clean out the ablutions before breakfast ! If your bed didn`t pass muster the Corp would pull it all off on the floor and make you do again ! ( Do it right this time laddie ) All great fun though , especially going over the tank testing course in an Alvis Stalwart and a helicopter flight down at Middle Wallop. :) Imagine the PC and H&S brigade allowing that these days ?? The would still be filling in all the bloody risk assessments ! :mad: