Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Those side pipes look like they don’t have a heat shield. Leg burners or what. ( been there done that many times over the years) they were never popular with the ladies.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Love this picture from the top of the site. Standard car but the angle and motion of the pic give it attitude. Great photo Richard Prince (y)Richard Prince photo.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I actually think that all C3 Corvettes have attitude. The earlier mid years had style, but in 1968 when the new shape came out, it was WOW. Those enlarged front fender bulges, along with the pointed front just oozes attitude.
That’s why they sold so many of them over the years. Yes perhaps it was getting a bit long in the tooth coming into the 80’s , but they were still selling them. Makes you wonder how long it could have been going for. I think we’ll into the mid/late 80’s with minimal body changes.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

For me in outer London in the very late 60's and early 70's a C3 (any Corvette in fact) was a very rare sight except perhaps the odd one in the car park at Santa Pod. As a 'teenager' West London, Chelsea, Fulham, Knightsbridge etc was always worth driving around on a Friday or Saturday summer evening to see all kinds of exotic vehicles, including Mustangs and Corvettes. To me the C3 had a simplistic appearance with minimal excess chrome and unecessary styling quirks, unlike perhaps some of the previous marques. It was a shape that Lotus tried to replicate (fairly well) with the Elan Plus 2 and perhaps done less sucessfully by Opel with their GT.
Oddly the thing that struck me most about C3's 'in the day' was (except for sidepipe cars) how quiet they always seemed to be - the very antithysis of what (to my eyes and ears anyway) that would make a Corvette. Just look at the image below - perhaps the only thing on the car that could be considered unnecessary are the gills on the lower front fenders - but as we know they are to a degree functional - and of course they still provide a tangiable piscine link with the gills of a shark.......
Screenshot-2017-01-27-21.56.16.png

chevrolet-chevy-mako-shark-corvette-xp-755-concept-car-designed-by-DA0YH7.jpg

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just saw this one, I must say I rather like it. I like the blue with the red interior. I read a little while ago that Pro Team Corvette sold their 1965 Nassau Blue with red interior convertible. A 1 of 1 factory special order for a GM executive. Saw a photo of it, I liked it.
This one I think has the look.

2C3EFA96-FC1F-44DB-B723-952591487B99.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very 1970’s. looking through many pictures of 70’s customs, most are very much an eyeful. The work that went into them is amazing. I could only guess at the $$$$$$$$ involved.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We’ve got a few nice lowriders in Clearwater FL, mostly the old favourite 63/4 impala’s. amazing paint with interiors to match. There’s a nice Emerald green one that has $20k’s worth of wheels on it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A lovely looker.

Here’s the earlier version.

I don’t like the side exhaust style one bit. Bloody horrible in my opinion.

I’m getting to really like the six tail lights, think my old 65 will have to visit the body shop soon. The more I see them the more I want them.
91E2BE33-5907-4CEA-A131-EE319D134409.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Back in 1967, there was not many cars on the street with more attitude than a New 1967 Corvette fitted with a 427.
The new Stinger hood said it all.

This sorry looking example below belonged to possibly the most famous person on our plant.
Astronaut Neil Armstrong. The first human to set foot on another planet.
Astronauts typically drove Corvettes as the were given them for the poultry sum of $1 per year. After a year they could purchase them at a very cheap price. ( they also got another one for $1 for the next year)
It was a two car per year ongoing plan. Most Astronauts had a vet for themselves and a family car for their wives.
Neil kept his 67 for a year before upgrading to the new shape 1968. The car was purchased by a NASA employee who kept the car for 44 years. It has since been bought by a Corvette collector.

Neil’s 427 coupe has since received a full restoration I believe.

D8E70887-390D-42E7-AB44-F3856FF41CAA.jpeg

Last edited: