Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
The Title of this Thread has now been edited - we want pleasure from what we see
I have always thought that its very difficult to improve on the looks of the C1, C2 & C3 Corvette, you have to take a very carefully considered approach to customising them. Yes its different but is it better. You can but should you.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have always thought that its very difficult to improve on the looks of the C1, C2 & C3 Corvette, you have to take a very carefully considered approach to customising them. Yes its different but is it better. You can but should you.
Like the old saying - " There is no accounting for taste " .

Roscobbc

Like the old saying - " There is no accounting for taste " .
If we were living in the 'States and had grown-up with a history of Vettes all around us, then yes there would be a good case for visually modifying the cars to look different to others. Probably a bit like having a Brit car in the USA, whilst here in GB we would probably customise the body and things to our own personal taste - in the 'States they would be more likely to keep stock?

antijam

CCCUK Member
If we were living in the 'States and had grown-up with a history of Vettes all around us, then yes there would be a good case for visually modifying the cars to look different to others. Probably a bit like having a Brit car in the USA, whilst here in GB we would probably customise the body and things to our own personal taste - in the 'States they would be more likely to keep stock?
I'm not sure that's entirely true Rosco. There is a much stronger car 'personalisation' culture in the States than over here, and in many ways this is reflected in our differing attitudes to 'Concours.' The term Concours has generally become much debased from it's intention as first conceived in the early day of Motoring. Concours d'Elegance translates from the french literally as 'Competition of Elegance', and in in the original Concours the emphasis was strongly on 'Elegance'. What was important was the appearance and presentation of the entire équipe. Originality was barely recognised as a factor, it was the visual impression of the car and the turn-out and attire of the owners (and mechanic if attending!) - even including their dog if present!
Both here and in the States many Concours have become a measure of slavish attention to detail and originality - do all the bolt heads have the right markings and is the weatherstripping of the correct grade of rubber etc. Certainly this type of competition has its place - and in fact is almost universally the only type of Concours recognised over here. Indeed the original meaning of the term has often been lost - many 'Concours being quoted as 'Concourse' with no recognition of ambiguity.
In the States, as well as this 'originality' version, there are an increasing number of Concours much closer to the original intent, with beautifully executed 'custom' vehicles being judged on appearance with little reference to the cars origins.
I remember being at the Pebble Beach Concours back in 1986 where preservation or restoration to originality was the rule of the day. Recent Pebble Beaches have seen the inclusion of Concept and custom cars - where appearance is the standard of judgement.

Roscobbc

I'm not sure that's entirely true Rosco. There is a much stronger car 'personalisation' culture in the States than over here, and in many ways this is reflected in our differing attitudes to 'Concours.' The term Concours has generally become much debased from it's intention as first conceived in the early day of Motoring. Concours d'Elegance translates from the french literally as 'Competition of Elegance', and in in the original Concours the emphasis was strongly on 'Elegance'. What was important was the appearance and presentation of the entire équipe. Originality was barely recognised as a factor, it was the visual impression of the car and the turn-out and attire of the owners (and mechanic if attending!) - even including their dog if present!
Both here and in the States many Concours have become a measure of slavish attention to detail and originality - do all the bolt heads have the right markings and is the weatherstripping of the correct grade of rubber etc. Certainly this type of competition has its place - and in fact is almost universally the only type of Concours recognised over here. Indeed the original meaning of the term has often been lost - many 'Concours being quoted as 'Concourse' with no recognition of ambiguity.
In the States, as well as this 'originality' version, there are an increasing number of Concours much closer to the original intent, with beautifully executed 'custom' vehicles being judged on appearance with little reference to the cars origins.
I remember being at the Pebble Beach Concours back in 1986 where preservation or restoration to originality was the rule of the day. Recent Pebble Beaches have seen the inclusion of Concept and custom cars - where appearance is the standard of judgement.
Your analogy re. 'Concours' vs 'Concourse' is so valid. I get really irritated by the seemingly ignorant and all too frequent missuse use of the word 'Concourse' for vehicles - even from supposed professionals who really should know better.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I am still working on the Fastback attachment to my 75. I hope to have two looks for the price of one (well nearly as costs do mount up).

No Corvette will be harmed in the making of this unique modification.

Attachments

• 4F5EC824-28D9-40F1-A734-BC1CB6333751.jpeg
    4F5EC824-28D9-40F1-A734-BC1CB6333751.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 6
  • 12DA543A-05F7-40E4-AF97-7FDDBC3FC061.jpeg
    12DA543A-05F7-40E4-AF97-7FDDBC3FC061.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 6

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just saw this one for sale on eBay.
I know this dealer, sells all manor of classic’s from his base in Lakeland FL. his cars are usually excellent examples, not overly described. Not cheap but nice cars. Have purchased from him before and was very pleased.
61938448-33B6-437B-AB44-20D79B3D3D69.jpeg