Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I didnt know that.. so those 250's that sell for multi millions have the same suspension as a Vette.. i wonder if Mr Clarkson knows that.

They were coils at the front and live axle at the rear. 125 166 have transverse leaf at the front as does AC Ace and 289 Cobras it’s not as uncommon as you think, especially on the front end. Triumph Herald uses a rear transverse leaf and the latest gen Volvo XC90 uses a composite transverse rear leaf

Ferrari 166B58B3BC2-C6A9-4CB5-8218-FA128698F72A.jpeg

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Ferrari 250 GT COUPÉ ... Front suspension independent, unequal-length wishbones, transverse leaf spring, hydraulic shock absorbers; Rear suspension live axle, single radius arm, semi-elliptic springs, hydraulic shock absorbers.
On the topic of chassis details responsible for road holding, handling behavior and ride comfort, the Ferrari 250 Europa has Transverse leaf spring. Double wishbones. front suspension.
Was it the GTO that had front coils?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Ferrari 250 GT COUPÉ ... Front suspension independent, unequal-length wishbones, transverse leaf spring, hydraulic shock absorbers; Rear suspension live axle, single radius arm, semi-elliptic springs, hydraulic shock absorbers.
On the topic of chassis details responsible for road holding, handling behavior and ride comfort, the Ferrari 250 Europa has Transverse leaf spring. Double wishbones. front suspension.
Was it the GTO that had front coils?

I think that’s incorrect. All the 250 have basically the same chassis with modified wheelbase. You don’t have a transverse leaf with double wishbones.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Your Ferrari 166 pic does appear (to me) to show that setup (unequal-length wishbones & transverse leaf spring) or am i much mistaken?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Its their reinterpretation of the Rover name and badge that makes me laugh.. i guess Viking ships werent a big thing in China and maybe they have trouble pronouncing Rover.. now 'Roewe'
Roewe.jpg

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Oh!.. heres the answer to that one... Roewe is a vehicle marque created by the Chinese automaker SAIC Motor in 2006. Roewe vehicles were initially based on technology acquired from defunct British carmaker MG Rover. SAIC was unable to purchase the rights to the Rover brand name (which was retained by BMW and eventually sold to Ford and ultimately returned to Jaguar Land Rover) and created the Roewe marque as a replacement.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Land Rover - An Indian Takeaway
Purchase the rear wiper and read on the packet "Made in China"
The UK was the industrial Hub of the World for car manufacture at one time, but we have exported all our Jobs!
Even Rolls and Bentley are foreign owned

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
At one time the UK was the hub manufacturing the worlds everything ! At the height of productivity 3/4 of all the worlds manufactured goods were made in the Black Country. . That`was bostin aah ? Now look at us , totally sold down the river . :(