Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
That blue looks a lot like the blue on my Vette. Mine is a repaint from when it was in America. Not a standard Vette colour. According to paint analysis over here to paint match, it is Dodge Viper GTS Blue, colour code SBE.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The ole Rat Fink. Very 60’s. Had a few Revell models of these. My uncle was a fantastic model maker/painter etc. wish I still had them today.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Now that is mean looking. I absolutely love it. Those fender flares are great.
I must say to my eyes the C3 Corvettes all look pretty mean from the front even in standard form.
The wavey fenders just add to that look.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
As far a Corvettes go, I think the C3 received the most “changes” to the model design over all other Corvettes.
Compared to the C2 for example that model line received hardly any body changes over the years. Three different fender grill designs, three hood changes, back up light repositioning, not much else springs to mind.
The C4 had one body alteration, the front rear bumpers.
In comparison the ole C3 shark received quite a few changes during its lifespan which was a long one at some 14 years. It did indeed age very well to my eyes. It was a unique shape, and is probably the most recognisable Corvette to most people’s eyes.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
C1 changed a lot too. Both front and rear are completely different as are the sides and the dash, from 53 to 62.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
C1 changed a lot too. Both front and rear are completely different as are the sides and the dash, from 53 to 62.
The trouble with talking about what is called the C1 is that the 1953-55 models should be in a category all of their own. The 1956-62 should be again a separate category. If that was done yes, the 56-62 did go through some changes, quite a big one for 1961. You just can’t compare those generations as one.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Now that does look like mulsanne blue. Nice and bright. The interior would be bright blue , looks pretty standard to me.
Blue metallic has always suited the C2 and C3 corvettes, especially in the sunshine.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
You could be right.
The thing with metallic paint is it always looks a different colour in different lights.
when they also mix the paint in the case of repaints, they don’t always get it right, so you will get slightly different shades.
Look how bright the rear quarter looks compared to the door and front wing.
B0EB6B1D-9186-408D-8440-CD58C9E3E001.jpeg