Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When you think how old that 58 is nowadays, it’s amazing it’s still about.
The worst thing about the solid axel cars is no power steering or power brakes. The brakes were not too bad, but the no power steering was a bitch.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Those old advertisements for the corvette still look great today.
The first add featuring a C3, how the car looks so much less aggressive with the whitewall tires, quite sedate and refined in fact. I must admit I prefer white lettered tyres on a C3, a more aggressive look IMO. On the C2, I like whitewall tires.

Letank

CCCUK Member
Those old advertisements for the corvette still look great today.
The first add featuring a C3, how the car looks so much less aggressive with the whitewall tires, quite sedate and refined in fact. I must admit I prefer white lettered tyres on a C3, a more aggressive look IMO. On the C2, I like whitewall tires.
I think the lack of fender flares on 68 and 69s also gives the car a less heavy / more European look. It’s partly why 69 is my favourite year of the C3.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
C30291CA-FB12-4421-A594-0DBEADF35BEE.jpegCA500900-F5D1-40E5-9533-F74DFF53423F.jpeg

I know convertibles are great but I personally would go for a hardtop because it looks better. Yes I would miss the wind going through my hair but you can just roll down the window.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
This is a question for everyone. Would you like it or hate it if literally everyone drove classic cars or do you like it how it is now and want everyone to keep driving modern cars?

Remember this would cause a lot of noise pollution because most people would buy the V8 options. I personally would like everyone driving classics because I love them but I do realise the negatives that come with this.

antijam

CCCUK Member
In these environmentally conscious days we should remember that building a new car produces as much carbon pollution as driving it, so driving a Classic (instead of a new) car makes green sense. However, modern cars are a great deal more reliable than Classics and are a more logical choice as everyday transport - though when they do break down there's not much point in lifting the bonnet and wielding the spanner (or hammer) that would often get you out of trouble in your banger.
Personally I drive both. I have three Classics and two moderns - all of which meet a different need ( You don't make many Tip trips in a C3 !)

It's also worth remembering that every Classic was a new car once - no more new cars, no more Classics.....:unsure:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I think those people that aren't interested in driving, that just want to get from A to B, whilst not really paying much attention should drive modern cars as they have more idiot proofing in them. That helps all of us.

As for me personally, I prefer to drive older cars as I like them. Hence I have one classic, one 90s retro, and my 07 plate daily drive (modern retro as its now 15 years old?)