Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
One thing American car manufacturers did “well” certainly from the 50’s upwards were rear lights. Most of them were certainly well lit up at night.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Looks a bit busy on the convertible probably because of the simple rear whereas the coupe has another thing going on to compensate for more busywork. Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️
As you say, it’s all a matter of choice/taste. The main thing is, the 6 tail light set up looks factory, not an add on. It was mainly a west coast fad ( CA) back in the day.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
One thing American car manufacturers did “well” certainly from the 50’s upwards were rear lights. Most of them were certainly well lit up at night.

Yep, and a lot better than when I first started to drive old junkers and had to use arm signals out the driver's window ! :)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Made famous in the song Dead man’s curve by Jan & Dean

“ and all the Jag could see were my six tail lights”

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Can't remember which brand but I sometimes see a square looking modern car with ridiculously small indicators. Might be japanese.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
James it was a bitch in cold winter weather, (or a bird landing on your arm :)
Arm gets real tired in city driving and lots of turns or long red lights :)

Left turn arm straight, right turn arm pointing up and cops would pull your ass over to ticket if not doing that, as was the law

James Vette

CCCUK Member
A793B7D3-DBEB-45E2-9D10-C0B29E0432D8.jpeg
It's the 60s. You take your girl to the beach with a portable bbq and play beach boys on the car radio. You don't worry about driving because gas is cheap and your brand new vette has a small monthly payment that your supermarket job can easily pay off. Good old days. :cool: Oh and she is wearing go-go boots.

Roscobbc

Arm signals wern't too bad if driving (then very rare) car with auto transmission or perhaps one of those easy shifting 3 speed column change Consul, Zephyrs or pehaps a Cresta. Imagine how the youth of today would cope with 5 and 6 speed manusl gearboxes........at least theyl'd have 'one-shot' leccy windows!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Arm signals wern't too bad if driving (then very rare) car with auto transmission or perhaps one of those easy shifting 3 speed column change Consul, Zephyrs or pehaps a Cresta. Imagine how the youth of today would cope with 5 and 6 speed manusl gearboxes........at least theyl'd have 'one-shot' leccy windows!
Don`t forget the good old double acting `trafficators` . Flick the dash board switch - nothing , thump the B Post - Bingo ! the signal arm pops out if you are lucky ! :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
View attachment 17617
It's the 60s. You take your girl to the beach with a portable bbq and play beach boys on the car radio. You don't worry about driving because gas is cheap and your brand new vette has a small monthly payment that your supermarket job can easily pay off. Good old days. :cool: Oh and she is wearing go-go boots.
And I guess you were wearing Huarache Sandles too like a proper surfer dude ! :cool: 🤣

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It wasn’t a 1 off either. He produced them to order. Quite a few were sold. Looks great in black as well.

This one was sold by Bonhams in 2019 $51k plus premium bought new by Liberace.
84B9E4A8-C7C3-4A20-B029-C4CC59DB7097.jpeg

Last edited: