Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, I’ve looked on that site before. Some of the “oldies” I can’t relate too, they are just too old for me.
Was a interesting read about the Dodge Stealth , being chosen to pace, and the national auto workers union objected due to it NOT being an American car ( a Mitsubishi GT in disguise) and they changed it to the prototype Viper instead with the stealth’s relegated to festival cars.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Every pace car and driver listed back to 1911 to present

Some real odd car makes like Stuz, Cord, Desalle, National Sextet, etc

Pace Cars & Drivers

Stutz isn’t that odd a choice. They did well in the early Indy 500s. They also finished 2nd behind Bentley at Le Mans in 1928. It’s the best result for an American built car after the mkiv GT40’s win in 1967.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My nephews who are car mad wouldn’t even know what a stutz or Cord were. Just too old now. It’s only us oldies that know about them.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Stutz isn’t that odd a choice. They did well in the early Indy 500s. They also finished 2nd behind Bentley at Le Mans in 1928. It’s the best result for an American built car after the mkiv GT40’s win in 1967.

Imagine a 1912 Stuz racing, had to be a long race at that speed

1936 Cord, so much space under the hood could crawl in it to work on it :)
Cool looking though, love that header design :)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Imagine a 1912 Stuz racing, had to be a long race at that speed

1936 Cord, so much space under the hood could crawl in it to work on it :)
Cool looking though, love that header design :)

6h45 apparently in 1911. That’s an average of almost 80mph!!

Roscobbc

6h45 apparently in 1911. That’s an average of almost 80mph!!
Performance up to the 60's wasn't related (unlike today) to how quick the car was on a 0-60 dash or 1/4 mile time - it was more like maximum continuous 'A road' speed. When you look at 0-60 times for what is regarded a legendary 'performance' car like a Sunbeam Tiger or Mark 2 Jag, Jensen Interceptor, Aston Martin, Lotus Cortina etc , etc they seem surprisingly slow (certainly by todays standards). I find it fascinating that UK motoring press were transfixed on these sort of cars, and specifically the E Type Jag and would effectively ignored many European and American powered vehicles, many of which had at least equal, perhaps even superior performance to cars of UK origin. And perhaps the Sunbeam Tiger sums-up the UK purchasing logic of the day by utilising a 'job lot' engine that had been effectively canned by FoMoCo as being too underpowered.
Quote - "The Ford V8 as fitted to the Tiger produced 164 bhp (122 kW) @ 4400 rpm, sufficient to give the car a 0–60 mph (97 km/h) time of 8.6 seconds and a top speed of 120 mph (190 km/h)." - and perhaps this one vehicle sums up the British purchasing 'mindset' of the day, one can envisage someone saying "well its got a V8 in it - what more do you want"?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
1975 saw the last year for the corvette convertible due to federal regulations for the 1976 model year. While power was down, in my opinion it was still a great car. What’s not to like here
97882C1C-6BB8-493A-91C3-D839FF04F996.jpeg89B47ACC-1F4B-4670-A079-AA02F05E6200.jpeg

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Looks a bit busy on the convertible probably because of the simple rear whereas the coupe has another thing going on to compensate for more busywork. Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember the first time I ever saw sequential rear lights. It was on a 65 Thunderbird, I thought it was soo cool. Still love them today.