Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I don’t think that roll bar would do very much on the convertible.
View attachment 17163

The bar was good enough for a ragtop to pass tech inspection in slow speed races like autocross and drag racing

But when you get the bug to go faster like I did, you're hooked into an about empty bank account, Corvette no longer allowed on public streets
but in the end was better ride than my ex-wife was :)

178MPHlazer.jpg

You get stuck having to go full roll cage

snakecage.jpgcagecl.jpg

Then it is fuel cells and tube chassis

snakecool.jpgfordsneak.jpgfuelsafe.jpgfuelcell.jpg

The whole body was carbon fiber, a couple of sneaky things were the front windshield was raked another 3 degrees inward and the side rocker shape got me another 20 MPH top end.
But in the end I spent over $170,000 plus, are flat broke, but the Corvette hauls ass at any type of racing

pe6992.jpg

Last edited:

Roscobbc

The bar was good enough for a ragtop to pass tech inspection in slow speed races like autocross and drag racing

But when you get the bug to go faster like I did, you're hooked into an about empty bank account, Corvette no longer allowed on public streets
but in the end was better ride than my ex-wife was :)

View attachment 17168

You get stuck having to go full roll cage

View attachment 17169View attachment 17170

Then it is fuel cells and tube chassis

View attachment 17171View attachment 17172View attachment 17173View attachment 17174

The whole body was carbon fiber, a couple of sneaky things were the front windshield was raked another 3 degrees inward and the side rocker shape got me another 20 MPH top end.
But in the end I spent over $170,000 plus, are flat broke, but the Corvette hauls ass at any type of racing

View attachment 17175
You still have the car (and can use it?)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You still have the car (and can use it?)
If you mean my Team ZR-1 # 94 Snakeskinner ZR1
Sadly NO,
was stolen along with the trailer and pickup I towed to/from races
We think we know who and so did the cops but had no hard proof to do anything
and car has not been seen since 2003, still cranks me up thinking about it :(

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If you mean my Team ZR-1 # 94 Snakeskinner ZR1
Sadly NO,
was stolen along with the trailer and pickup I towed to/from races
We think we know who and so did the cops but had no hard proof to do anything
and car has not been seen since 2003, still cranks me up thinking about it :(

What a F******. It’s bad enough when it’s a car you like but when it’s something you’ve built yourself and put all that effort into that a massive kick in the tits.

Last edited by a moderator:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
What a f******. It’s bad enough when it’s a car you like but when it’s something you’ve built yourself and put all that effort into that a massive kick in the tits.

Well who we think had stolen my Corvette racer is no longer breathing, so he took it to the grave where this historic ZR-1 is

Last edited by a moderator:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You think it is still in one piece? Rather than broken up?

Do not know but gut feeling is since the lightweight carbon fiber body mounted in several sections with quick connect fittings
It would have been easy to simply change body to hide what the car looked like

Some claim he was taken to Mexico and was totaled in a big race there, but only a rumor

Roscobbc

Do not know but gut feeling is since the lightweight carbon fiber body mounted in several sections with quick connect fittings
It would have been easy to simply change body to hide what the car looked like

Some claim he was taken to Mexico and was totaled in a big race there, but only a rumor
Presumably uninsured (or insufficiently insured)?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yea a bummer
The GMC pickup and the car trailer were insured but the ZR-1 being it was never a car with a VIN # and could not be driven on public roads had
no title, plates, etc so that was not insured

This has become common
Last year when I moved from Oregon to Texas, we rented a Penske moving truck and car trailer for the C5
Stopped in New Mexico to get some sleep, asked the motel if car would be safe, and they said, no worry we have a security
guy who patrols at night
I left the C5 latched down to the trailer and a steel cable locked through a wheel

Got up early next morning to find one of the truck doors was broken open, and then they tried to bust the ign switch to steal the car by stealing the whole fricking truck and trailer but F'd up as the switch fell behind the dash, and they could not get to it

Asked security guy, and he said he saw nothing, but I suspect he was in on this and cops came but again no one saw anything so did nothing
and I had to call Penske and wait 3 hours for one of their guys to show up with new ign switch and replace :(

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
But all this is just common crap

When I bought the C5, was only week old I drove to Sacremento Ca to go to a major drag race
Stayed at a place and C5 was in a car port with front up next to curb and cars on left and right

Got up next morning, to find the C5 sitting in the brake rotors !
F'ers stole the wheels and did not even leave it on blocks !

Called cops, they made a report,
Me screwed, I am 700 miles from home and no wheel/tires

Had to call a Corvette shop who charged me $6,000 for same size wheels and tires mounted, and the cost to have them
flown overnight, and I had to then replace rotors and align car

I put out feelers to me guys and WTF one called me to say he saw my rims/tires for sale on Ebay !

Contacted cops, and worked with me and Ebay Corp,
I know nothing about bidding but keep raising my bid
I wanted to win because then the crooks would have to meet up with me for the sale
But one other guy won the bid, but the cops called the winner and told them they better drop out, which they did
so I won
the F'ers then had me meet them at 10 PM in a shopping center parking lot, but the cops had the place staked out in advance
and when they showed and met me
As these were large/wide custom rims, and they had 2 each shoved into 2 BMWs back seats, soon as I open a door I saw they were mine and signaled the cops who napped 4 MFing riceball punks who barely speaky English

Went to criminal court 1 year later and punks only got 2 years in jail and were to pay me the $6,000
But of course they never did
Who steals VW wheels, but Corvettes are always a day away of getting ripped off ! :(

Oh, BTW the DA keep my wheels/tires for over 1 year saying they were needed during trial :(

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Talking of Allards , some great cars on the Allard Club display at Turvey on Sunday .
I grew up watching Jim and Sheila Tiller's J2-1784 Allard known as "The Old Fella" which they have owned since the late 1950's.
I vividly remember as a 7 year old watching as he lost it coming out of Woodcote and headed almost the length of the old Silverstone start finish straight - backwards on the grass! :oops:

...He still then managed a 180 and carried right on! o_O

With a AHM 8L Chevy V8 hauling 800+ BHP, this thing pushes almost 200 mph!

Jim has nerves of steel. :cool:(y)

Last edited: