Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I believe the air actually gets sucked through the back of the stinger because wind collects there more than if it was sucked through the front.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Nice shot of stingrays there.

I was always surprised that it took until 1978 for the corvette to be picked as a “pace car” when you look back prior to 1978 and see what cars were picked as pace cars it amazes me. ie Cadillac Eldorado Convertible. Now I like Eldorado rag tops, but it ain’t no pace car.
I would have thought the all new 63 Sting Ray would have paced being all new, also the new shape Corvette for 68 for the 68 race.
in recent years tho it’s been the number one choice, and quite rightly so.
I would think the 2023 Z06 will pace the race next year.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Three UK spec/Ian Allan supplied C7s at car show in Notts last week (2 Stingrays and a Grand Sport)

Attachments

• Griffins Head 150622 (2).jpeg
    Griffins Head 150622 (2).jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 6

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very nice, but personally never liked the side pipe design. I think they were a favourite of Bill Mitchell as they were on his previous car

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Very nice, but personally never liked the side pipe design. I think they were a favourite of Bill Mitchell as they were on his previous car

Well at least with those far less chance of taking the skin off legs as the hookers did on my 1975

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I always preferred the “Thrush outsiders” very similar to the factory 69 side pipes. Less chance of getting burnt .

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Nice shot of stingrays there.

I was always surprised that it took until 1978 for the corvette to be picked as a “pace car” when you look back prior to 1978 and see what cars were picked as pace cars it amazes me. ie Cadillac Eldorado Convertible. Now I like Eldorado rag tops, but it ain’t no pace car.
I would have thought the all new 63 Sting Ray would have paced being all new, also the new shape Corvette for 68 for the 68 race.
in recent years tho it’s been the number one choice, and quite rightly so.
I would think the 2023 Z06 will pace the race next year.
Since the 50s manufacturers have paid to be the pace car. Cadillac just had bigger pockets. It’s nowt to do with the cars ability and all to do with $. Chevy has had the contract for the last decade, so it’s highly likely it’ll be the Z06 next year.