What Have You Found To Watch?

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Not Corvette related but an amazing video of Sebastien Loeb smashing the Pikes Peak Hill Climb record in 2013.
Talk about bravery and skill, the last minute or so at the top of the mountain gets extremely hairy. The spectators are either brave or stupid too!
The car was made out of parts and engine from Peugeots Le Mans Prototype which had been shelved by the manufacturer earlier that year.

Another perspective more from the spectators....

Btw Loebs record no longer stands. It was well beaten by a VW electric powered race car.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Not Corvette related but an amazing video of Sebastien Loeb smashing the Pikes Peak Hill Climb record in 2013.
Talk about bravery and skill, the last minute or so at the top of the mountain gets extremely hairy. The spectators are either brave or stupid too!
The car was made out of parts and engine from Peugeots Le Mans Prototype which had been shelved by the manufacturer earlier that year.

Another perspective more from the spectators....

Btw Loebs record no longer stands. It was well beaten by a VW electric powered race car.
A very fine line between fenomenal skill and insanity to drive at 10 10ths on a road like that with no run offs . :eek: As for the spectators , just plain insane !!

Roscobbc

No where near the same league as cars such as those in the Pikes peak video but its really quite surprising in mine with 'long' gears and a close ratio transmission how easy and quick even on very short stretches of road (provding you have traction) it is to hit not just UK national speed limits but low three figure speeds in what seems an instant without even realising. Things happen so very quickly the very last thing you have time to look at is the speedo, relying on the rev limiter and shift light to keep the engine from over-revving.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
When I left the portsmouth car show it was so awesome driving my classic car next to a classic mustang it felt like I was thrown back in time. :D That's how it felt watching that video.
I was the same at my first show - as I left I was being followed by a Bandit car. Followed me for a while, lovely seeing it in my rear view and our mini convoy of US V8s :cool: